Ticket #196 (closed new task: duplicate)

Opened 4 years ago

Last modified 3 months ago

Annoying header on scrolling long list of records found. Header should be static instead of constantly redrawing.

Reported by: jennifer Owned by: jacob
Priority: normal Milestone: Continuing Development
Component: FormBuilder Version: 1.2
Severity: normal Keywords:
Cc:

Description

Ugly HTML on the scrolling header. Alisdair has an info pop-up that should be on the web site. View source/save as, work locally, try changes locally but do to jquery/javascript and then send to Igor.

Change History

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by jennifer

  • Status changed from new to assigned

comment:2 Changed 4 years ago by jennifer

  • Type changed from defect to task

comment:3 Changed 4 months ago by alisdair

  • Owner changed from jennifer to jacob

comment:4 Changed 3 months ago by jacob

Taking a look at what it would take to fix this, I suspect it won't take too much effort. If it does I'll likely merge it into my ongoing efforts to update and standardize the vso front-end code.

comment:5 follow-up: ↓ 6 Changed 3 months ago by jacob

Partially fixed, the column header row is static but the buttons on the left disappear entirely when the same methodology is applied. This also exposes a flaw where the columns don't quite line up unless scrolled all the way to the left. Make sure you delete your cached files from the vso before testing.

comment:6 in reply to: ↑ 5 ; follow-up: ↓ 7 Changed 3 months ago by alisdair

Replying to jacob:

Partially fixed, the column header row is static but the buttons on the left disappear entirely when the same methodology is applied. This also exposes a flaw where the columns don't quite line up unless scrolled all the way to the left. Make sure you delete your cached files from the vso before testing.

Jacob, how should we test this?

comment:7 in reply to: ↑ 6 Changed 3 months ago by jacob

Replying to alisdair:

Replying to jacob:

Partially fixed, the column header row is static but the buttons on the left disappear entirely when the same methodology is applied. This also exposes a flaw where the columns don't quite line up unless scrolled all the way to the left. Make sure you delete your cached files from the vso before testing.

Jacob, how should we test this?

I applied the fix to the vso website's javascript. As long as you clear your cached files from the vso you should be able to see the change.

comment:8 Changed 3 months ago by jacob

  • Status changed from assigned to closed
  • Resolution set to duplicate

Closing this ticket, I think the main issue is solved (the results list no longer looks like it is continually jumping back up to the top as the user scrolls). I will consider further similar changes as I move forward with #291. In its current state, the webcode is embedded in perl scripts and scattered across the filesystem, making these small aesthetic updates more time-consuming than they should be.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.