Guidelines / Recommendations for Citing Data
On "Landing Pages" : Documents to serve as an interstitial proxy to citing data.
- Poster for 2012 RDAP meeting, Linking Articles to Data, and accompanying handout
- References for the poster:
- Ball, A. & Duke, M., (2011). “Cite Datasets and Link to Publications”.
- DataCite, (2011). “DataCite Metadata Schema for the Publication and Citation of Research Data”.
- Domenico, B. (2011). “White Paper on Data Interactive Publications”.
- OAI, (2008). “ORE User Guide - HTTP Implementation”.
- Parsons M. & ESIP, “How to Cite an Earth Science Data Set” ( ESIP wiki page; and a more stable URL)
- SURF Foundation, “Enhanced Publications”
- Not referenced in the poster, but an excellent explanation of the problems of leaving it up to the citing authors to identify the data being cited:
- Last minute presentation at 2012 RDAP meeting : SlideShare, PowerPoint, PDF w/ notes
- And more references from the talk:
Specifically for Solar Physics Data
- Proposal for solar event identifiers
- Checklist for documenting event / feature catalogs
- Recommendations for FITS headers ( poster at 2012 SPD meeting, earlier checklist)
- Recommendations for Data & Software Citation in Solar Physics ( poster at 2012 SPD meeting)
- Labeled examples of good things in FITS headers (a supplement to a 2011 AGU poster on the review of metadata)