|Version 19 (modified by joe, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Virtual Solar Observatory
This is the never-ending documentation project for the Virtual Solar Observatory.
If you have problems with this site, please contact the site admin, with the nature of the problem.
We are currently in the process of moving all of our documentation to a centralized location. Please excuse the inconvenience while we rearrange, and if you have an immediate issue, please feel free to contact the site admin.
2006 Feb 01 23:00UT
Service has been restored to all servers at SDAC. There had been a two hour outage which affected VSO's service of SOHO and TRACE data.
O-SPAN Now Available Through VSO
2006 Jan 25
The NSO is now serving O-SPAN (formerly ISOON) data through the VSO.
VSO IDL Client
2006 Jan 11
2005 May 20
Try a search with the current release version of the VSO. Different user interfaces allow searches of all participating data services by:
- physical observable,
- instrument and data provider,
- spectral range, and
- "nicknames" for common types of data.
Note: In keeping with the virtual nature of the VSO, clicking on any of the VSO search links above can take you to any working, public instance of the VSO. All should work the same, however, and all have the same access to the metadata from all the current data services.
Applications programming interfaces for the VSO 1.2 are available in Perl, Java, and C/C++ at our API documentation page. Check there for our WSDL description as well.
Presentations at the 2005 Spring AGU/SPD meeting
VSO talks and posters at the New Orleans meeting (PDF format):
- Bogart et al., Building a Virtual Solar Observatory: Lessons Learned
- Davey et al., CME Population Distributions: Science Facilitated by the VSO
- Gurman et al., The Virtual Solar Observatory: Still in a Small Box
The current version of the data model is Version 1.8 (updated 2005 May 20).
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I search for data using the VSO?
- How do I get the data?
- How can I become a data provider?
- How can I access the VSO through my own interface?
- What are the holdings of each data provider?
- How can I get a URL to the data products that I've found?
- How can I make a movie?
Also see our infrequently asked questions list.
VSO Participants can select New Ticket from the menu. Unauthenticated users will need to contact us.